The Website provides Users with general information about our subscription-based platform for short-form videos (“Ficto”) and enables you to Submit an Application for your content to be featured on Ficto.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you Submit an Application, we collection information from you such as: as your name, email address, Application Materials, and any other information you provide to allow us to get in touch with you.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email us, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Website
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To review your Application.
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide features of the Website, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Website, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes, including by providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Website and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose information that we collect through the Website to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition, we may use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of the Website. We do not share your information with these third parties, but theses analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Website and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites.
Third Party Websites
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Website. From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, then you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
Use of Website by Minors
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 13. If Fiction Riot becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Website is under the age of 13, we will promptly take steps to delete the information. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Fiction Riot uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Fiction Riot, LLC
2330 Pontius Ave, Suite 203
Los Angeles, CA 90064